'https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtm.js?id='+i+dl;f.parentNode.insertBefore(j,f); Rectangles: Adobe Wall and Window

Sep 22, 2007

Adobe Wall and Window


Tumacacori Arizona

Except for the angel I think I like the color better than the B&W. Even with the angel I'd lean toward a more brown toned black and white. More like the color image. For years I tried to make black and white work for me partly because I respond to other folks black and white pictures and partly because it was reasonably easy to have an OK print in hand. Until digital I was never satisfied with the color prints I made what with the lack of control, the weird color palettes and too much work for the time available. I even ventured into dye transfer. Beautiful prints but pounds of silver down the drain and eight hours to a work print. I came close on some. Anyway with these few you get to choose what works for you. I like both in the pairs but I'm partial to the color.

What a tremendous creative luxury to be able to experiment so easily to have such expressive control and flexibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment