'https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtm.js?id='+i+dl;f.parentNode.insertBefore(j,f); Rectangles: Blue Dropbox, Yellow Stain, Rebar Step

Nov 5, 2007

Blue Dropbox, Yellow Stain, Rebar Step

Portland Oregon

Sarah and I were walking over to the Hollywood Farmer's Market when we passed this drop box in the Value Village lot. I stopped to photograph it and Sarah waited. In the few seconds I was shooting a woman walked by and asked, rather vigorously, "May I help you?" Sarah replied kindly (Sarah is always very nice.), "No thanks." The woman responded, "What are you doing?" I had just finished so I turned and answered, "Taking pictures of the drop box." "Why would you do that?" She said less as a question than an accusation. "Look at the colors" I said enthusiastically, "Those blues and the yellows. Want to see?" "NO" "Are you sure? " "No" "They are really quite nice. The pictures are right here. Take a look." "No thank you." She said for the last time and walked off. Apparently my enthusiasm for the colors was not infectious enough. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment