'https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtm.js?id='+i+dl;f.parentNode.insertBefore(j,f); Rectangles: To the Hot Cake House

Dec 16, 2007

To the Hot Cake House

This is different from the way I usually post. It gives you an idea of how I work. After Aikido class on Thursday night we went out to the Hot Cake House. It is only a few blocks away. We strolled. I took pictures on the walk, in the restaurant and on the way back. The images are pretty much in the order that I took them. The one black and white is because the color was so totally off that I couldn't get it to look right without repainting the entire image.You can get a hint of it by looking at the skin tones in the next picture. I saved it because of Erik's expression, the shape of his nose and his head. It doesn't look like him. The single portrait is cropped from a larger image of two people. I like the almost monochromatic, soft focus, starved medieval look. Actually if you look closely at the shape of her right cheek you can see that she's not lost in contemplation but chewing on a mouth full of hot cakes. Not all of these and maybe none of them would make it to final print stage but the blog is for fun, experiments and new ideas. Always carry your camera, your sketch pad, your note book. Practice your art.





SE Powell, Portland Oregon

No comments:

Post a Comment